Mario R. Arango is a bilingual (Spanish) lawyer who has been serving the needs of those who have been injured on the job, in accidents and from other’s negligence, in the South Florida community since 1998. He was admitted to practice by the Florida Bar and the United States District Court For the Southern District of Florida in 1998. Since 1999, he has focused his efforts in the areas of worker’s compensation, artist representation, contract negociation, personal injury and Longshoreman/Harbor Act. Additionally, he has handled cases in the area of employment law, including cases involving sexual harassment/hostile work environment, commercial litigation, overtime and social security disability.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Arango was a successful businessman whose responsibilities required extensive travel throughout Europe, Africa, Central/South American and the Caribbean basin. His travel and business experience has given him a unique perspective in dealing with people of different cultural and economic backgrounds. This has assisted him in successfully resolving a wide range of issues from complex business negotiations to fair and just settlements for the injured.
Upon leaving the military, after honorably serving his country, Mario attended Florida International University where he received his Bachelor of Arts in International Relations cum laude. He then attended University of Miami School of Law, where he received his J.D. with honors. While in Law School, Mario was a member of two law reviews and is a published co-author of The Sports Chamber: Exculpatory Agreements Under Pressure, Volume 14 1-2, University of Miami Entertainment and Sports Law Review.
Throughout his career Mario began to develop several key relationships with artists in various mediums. Through these contacts he began advising, consulting and ultimately negociating several contracts on national and international levels. Today, he offers a full range of services for artists who wish to develop or cement terms for various projects.
Mario is a member of The Florida Bar, The American Bar Association, The Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers Association (Florida Justice Association), Dade County Bar Association, Coral Gables Bar Association, Hispanic American Compensation Law Association, Florida’s Worker’s Advocate and most recently, Mario is a founding member of the Catholic Lawyers Guild. He is an active member of his church where he is involved in several groups which provide much needed help to charities and the poor.
Areas of Practice
- Worker’s Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Longshoreman/Harbor Act
- Artist Representation
- Commercial Litigation
- Overtime and Social Security Disability
- Florida, 1998
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1998
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- Honors: Honors
- Florida International University
- Bachelor of Arts: cum laude
- Major: International Relations
- The Sports Chamber: Exculpatory Agreements Under Pressure, University of Miami Entertainment and Sports Law Review, Volume 14 1-2
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar, Member
- The American Bar Association, Member
- The Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers Association (Florida Justice Association), Member
- Dade County Bar Association, Member
- Coral Gables Bar Association, Member
- Hispanic American Compensation Law Association, Member
- Florida’s Worker’s Advocate, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Member, Catholic Lawyers Guild